- Hybrid role with 2 days a week in our Richmond office, and flexible work arrangements.
- 8 weeks paid parental leave.
- Additional salary packaging up to $15,900 + meals and entertainment card up to $2,650.
CBM Australia is a Christian international development organisation focused on ending the cycle of poverty and disability. As Australia’s only international development organisation focused on disability inclusion our work improves the quality of life of people with disabilities living in the poorest countries.
Partnering with local organisations we build and promote an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
About the role
We have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced and passionate Philanthropy Coordinator to join CBM Australia.
You will support the strategic growth in income from our donors and play a key role in implementing our Philanthropy program. Your work will support front-line relationship managers in prioritising their donor relationships and targets.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropy and Relationships, you will be working within the welcoming and collaborative Public Engagement Team.
The successful applicant will:
- Keep up to date and informed on CBM Australia’s programming work, fundraising appeals, events, and achievements so that you can respond to donor questions.
- Effectively and quickly resolve donor issues.
- Assist with outbound supporter engagement phone calls when and where required by the Relationship Managers – Gift in Wills and Major Donors.
- Estate administration – respond to requests for information from families and solicitors on legacy gifts.
- Apply high level interpersonal and strong administration skills, and managing competing priorities, in support of the Philanthropy and Relationships Team
- Complete actions marked for follow up in the CRM in an effective, timely, respectful, and sensitive manner.
- Project coordination of Key Relationships-related engagement activities and programs. Working with the Events Coordinator support with the planning, execution and post implementation review and follow up stages.
- Support the development of philanthropic engagement and stewardship collateral as required by the Philanthropy and Relationships Team and support areas such as Supporter Relations Team and Volunteers.
Please refer to the full Position Description for more details.
We want someone who is unique, enthusiastic, tech savvy, and driven – someone who has excellent relationship management skills and is keen to work with an amazing team to do essential work EVERY day; we want the whole package!
This role would be perfect for someone who comes from a donor relation, customer relation, or for purpose sector and who is wanting to develop their career, with a meaningful organisation.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field.
- 2+ years’ work experience in donor relations, customer service, telemarketing, project coordination/administration or a related field.
- Previous for purpose sector experience (not essential, but advantageous).
- Excellent written and verbal communication,
- Exceptional relationship management skills and an ability to connect with all types of people.
- Strong computer literacy including Office 365 and database management software experience (Blackbaud would be highly regarded).
- Deep understanding of philanthropy and fundraising practices.
- Passion for the mission of CBM Australia and alignment/comfort with being part of a faith-based organisation.
- A positive, collaborative, team-oriented, can-do attitude.
What we offer:
- The chance to make an impact that matters in a team of like-minded professionals.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid role with 2 days in the office.
- 5 additional days of leave
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 + up to $2,650 for meals and entertainment.
- 8 weeks paid parental leave.
- A work environment and values-driven culture that employees state in their feedback, is one of the most inclusive, caring, and enjoyable that they have ever worked in.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and cover letter via Ethical Jobs.
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Philanthropy Coordinator enquiry via Ethical Jobs for confidential support to ensure an equitable, barrier-free application process. We ensure that any information provided to the contact is private and confidential, will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
CBM Australia is committed to the safety and best interest of all children accessing CBM supported services and programs and workplace. Preferred candidates are advised that they will be required to sign the CBM Child Safeguarding Standard, and we reserve the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures prior to employment being confirmed.