About the organisation
CBM works alongside and is accountable to people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. The International Program team supports and develops effective high-quality international projects that aim to alleviate poverty and raise awareness on the rights of people with disabilities, bringing local change in collaboration with local partner organisations.
The Melbourne office is a close knit and collaborative team with supportive management.
About the role
We have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced and passionate Program Coordinator to join a NFP in managing international programs.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in international development who is looking to make a positive impact in the world.
As Program Coordinator you will be joining our International Program team, reporting to the Senior Advisor of Program Development and working out of the Melbourne office.
You will be responsible for overseeing a specific portfolio of projects within the international program. International travel will be expected as part of this position.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Supporting and influencing development and humanitarian programming.
- Managing relationships with CBM Global stakeholders.
- Contributing to program learning and knowledge sharing.
- Working closely with the Senior Advisor and other internal functions, as well as liaising with CBM Global Disability Inclusion counterparts.
- The position is standard office hours Monday to Friday, working in a hybrid model.
The salary is $75,000 – $83,000 + salary packaging and 10.5% superannuation (experience dependant).
- A good understanding of the Australian aid sector.
- Financial administration and budgeting skills.
- Strategic thinking, time management and self-motivation.
- Computer competency in the use of MO Suite and database management.
- The ability to travel in challenging conditions to portfolio countries.
- Purpose driven and passionate about making a difference in the world.
- Min 3-5 years in the development sector with international and distance relationship management experience.
- Able to research information, apply lateral thinking, and identify and promote program innovation.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for varied audiences, as well as strong project design, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills and be able to build cross-cultural professional relationships.
- Experience with Pacific, Asia or Africa programming and the ability to speak and write relevant languages would also be desirable but not a necessity.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please APPLY NOW or send your resume directly to email@example.com.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ingrid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator – International Programs via Pro Bono Australia.
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability. CBM Australia is committed to the safety and best interest of all children accessing CBM supported services, programs and workplace. Relevant background checks including working with children, police and reference checks will be completed prior to the preferred candidate’s employment being confirmed.