- Hybrid role with a minimum of 2 days a week in our Richmond office, and flexible work arrangements.
- 5 additional days of leave
- Additional salary packaging up to $15,900 + meals and entertainment card up to $2,650.
CBM Australia is a Christian international development organisation focused on ending the cycle of poverty and disability. As Australia’s only international development organisation focused on disability inclusion our work improves the quality of life of people with disabilities living in the poorest countries.
Partnering with local organisations we build and promote an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
About the role
We have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced and passionate Program Coordinator to join our team in managing international programs.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in international development who is looking to make a positive impact in the world.
As Program Coordinator you will be joining our close knit and collaborative International Programs team of thirteen, reporting to the Senior Advisor of Program Development and working out of the Richmond office.
You will be responsible for overseeing a specific portfolio of projects within the international program. International travel will be expected as part of this position.
The successful applicant will:
- Support and influence development and humanitarian programming.
- Managing relationships with CBM Global stakeholders.
- Contribute to program learning and knowledge sharing.
- Work closely with the Senior Advisor and other internal functions, as well as CBM Global Disability Inclusion staff and partners in our target countries.
- The position is standard office hours Monday to Friday, working in a hybrid model.
Please refer to the full Position Description for more details.
- A good understanding of the Australian aid and development sector.
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills and be able to build cross-cultural professional relationships.
- Financial administration and budgeting skills.
- Strategic thinking, time management and self-motivation.
- Computer competency in the use of MO Suite and database management.
- The ability to travel in challenging conditions to portfolio countries.
- Purpose driven and passionate about making a difference in the world.
- Min 3 years in the development sector with international and distance relationship management experience.
- Able to research information, apply lateral thinking, and identify and promote program innovation.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for varied audiences, as well as strong project design, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Experience with Pacific, Asia or Africa programming and the ability to speak and write relevant languages would also be desirable but not a necessity.
- Knowledge of disability issues would be highly regarded.
- Passion for the mission of CBM Australia and alignment/comfort with being part of a faith-based organisation.
What we offer:
- The chance to make an impact that matters in a team of like-minded professionals.
Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid role with a minimum of 2 days in the office.
- 5 additional days of leave
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 + up to $2,650 for meals and entertainment.
- 8 weeks paid parental leave.
- A work environment and values-driven culture that employees state in their feedback, is one of the most inclusive, caring, and enjoyable that they have ever worked in.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria via Ethical Jobs.
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Coordinator enquiry via Ethical Jobs for confidential support to ensure an equitable, barrier-free application process. We ensure that any information provided to the contact is private and confidential, will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
CBM Australia is committed to the safety and best interest of all children accessing CBM supported services and programs and workplace. Preferred candidates are advised that they will be required to sign the CBM Child Safeguarding Standard, and we reserve the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures prior to employment being confirmed.