This Agreement is between CBM Australia ABN 23 005 326 849 Debit user ID 025358 (we/us/our) and you (Agreement), and sets out your obligations when you undertake to make payments to us by direct debit (including under any regular giving or donation arrangement you may enter into with us), and our obligations to you as your direct debit provider. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your direct debit request (DDR) to us and should be read in conjunction with your DDR. It commences on the date you nominate as the first payment date in your DDR (Commencement Date).
- You authorise us to debit your account held at your financial institution, which may include a credit or debit card account (Account), with the payments referred to above through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS). Payments will only be made from the Account nominated in your DDR, or any other Account you may subsequently nominate, subject to clause 2. Please contact us or check our website to find out which Accounts (including credit and debit cards) we accept before completing a DDR or nominating another Account.
- You can cancel or suspend this Agreement, or change the amount of any payment to which it applies or your nominated Account, by giving us at least 10 days’ written notice before the next payment date. If you do not give us enough notice, the payment due on the next payment date may still be debited to your Account and if that happens, we will not provide a refund. You can also contact your own financial institution, which must act promptly on your instructions.
- On each anniversary of the Commencement Date, or of the effective date of any change you make to your regular debit payment amount (whichever last applies), the amount of your debit payments will automatically increase by the greater of 3%, and any increase in the weighted average All Groups Consumer Price Index for the 8 Australian capital cities (CPI). The CPI increase applicable to an anniversary will be measured by comparing the quarterly CPI last published before that anniversary, with the CPI corresponding to the same quarter of the previous year. If you do not wish your debit payment amount to increase in this way, or on any particular anniversary, you must advise us in writing at least 10 days before an increase is due.
- It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution whether your preferred payment card arrangement is available from your Account. Direct debiting is not available through the BECS on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- you provide us with current and valid Account details, and update them when there is a change (you should check the details you give us against a recent Account statement);
- you regularly check your Account statements; and
- you advise us if your Account is closed, or your payment card is cancelled.
- If you believe there has been an error in debiting your Account, you should contact us as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can contact your financial institution for assistance. If we conclude that your Account was incorrectly debited, we will arrange, within a reasonable period, for your financial institution to adjust your Account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your Account has been adjusted. If we conclude that your Account has not been incorrectly debited, we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing. If you are not satisfied, you can still take the matter up directly with your financial institution.
- If a day on which you have agreed to make a payment to us (including the Commencement Date) falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your Account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your Account has or will be debited, you should ask your financial institution.
- You must ensure that on each payment date, there are sufficient cleared funds or available credit in your Account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with this Agreement and your DDR. If there are insufficient cleared funds in your Account to meet a debit payment, you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution. We may charge you reasonable costs incurred by us because there are insufficient funds. We may also cancel this Agreement without notice to you if two (2) or more successive debit payments to us are declined by your financial institution. However, we will first ask you to arrange an alternative payment method.
- We will keep all information (including your account details) in your DDR confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep such information about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to such information do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information. We will only disclose information that we have about you to the extent specifically required by law, or for the purposes of this Agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- In addition to our rights under clause 8, we may change or cancel this Agreement by giving you at least 14 days’ written notice.
Our contact details (including for notifications under this Agreement) are set out below. When you contact us, please ensure you can provide sufficient information to identify you. This should include your Supporter ID, if known. We will notify you by sending a notice to the preferred address or email you have given us in your DDR. Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the second banking day after sending.
For notices which are required or may be given to us in writing under this Agreement: (By post) CBM Australia, PO Box 196
Richmond VIC 3121; (By email) firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other notices and enquiries: 1800 678 069