- Permanent full-time role with a minimum of 2 days a week in our Richmond office.
- Flexible/Hybrid working arrangements.
- 5 additional days of leave.
- Salary packaging benefits.
At CBM Australia, our mission is to end the cycle of poverty and disability. Through our programs, technical advice, and advocacy, we help millions of people transform their lives each year. As Australia’s only international development organisation focused on disability inclusion our work improves the quality of life of people with disabilities living in the poorest countries.
Partnering with local organisations we build and promote an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
About the role
The CBM Australia Program Impact department partners with the disability movement, organisations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) and other key external partners to influence, develop and support the delivery of high-quality, transformational programs and advice, delivering lasting change to people with disabilities across the globe.
As a member of the newly created Pacific Impact team, this role offers a rewarding opportunity for an experienced and passionate Program Coordinator who is keen to join our team in scaling up our work in the Pacific.
This key person will be working to scope out new partners and projects, in coordination with the disability movement and other social change organisations in the region.
Working out of the Melbourne office, you’ll be supporting and coordinating existing and emerging Pacific development and humanitarian programming in liaison with relevant field staff and internal stakeholders. International travel will be expected as part of this position.
The successful applicant will:
- Support and influence development and humanitarian programming.
- Manage relationships with CBM Global stakeholders.
- Contribute to program learning and knowledge sharing.
- Work closely with the Head of Pacific Impact, the Pacific Field Officer and across all of the Program Impact function teams as appropriate, as well as CBM Global Disability Inclusion staff and partners in our target countries.
Please refer to the full Position Description for more details.
We are looking for someone who can bring their experience of managing projects in a development context, can think laterally, and link our International Programs work to CBM’s wider work in advocacy and disability inclusion advice in the region.
As this role is in a new team in the newly configured Program Impact Department, we’re looking for someone who can be flexible, collaborative and creative in a changing environment as the work of the Pacific team continues to establish and grow.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of international development, Pacific experience will be highly regarded. (the ability to speak and write relevant languages would also be desirable but not a necessity).
- A strong understanding of the Australian aid and development sector.
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills and be able to build cross-cultural professional relationships.
- Purpose driven and passionate about making a difference in the world.
- Financial administration and budgeting skills.
- Strategic thinking, time management and self-motivation.
- Able to research information, apply lateral thinking, and identify and promote program innovation.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for varied audiences, as well as strong project design, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in rights-based approaches to disability programming would be highly regarded.
- Able to travel in challenging conditions to portfolio countries (up to 10 weeks per annum).
- Enthusiasm for the mission of CBM Australia and alignment/comfort with being part of a faith-based organisation.
- Applicants with lived experience of disability will be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- The chance to make an impact that matters in a team of like-minded professionals.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid role with 2 days a week in the Richmond office.5 additional days of leave pro rata (total of 5 weeks annual leave)
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 + up to $2,650 for meals and entertainment.
- 8 weeks paid parental leave.
- A work environment and values-driven culture that employees state in their feedback, is one of the most inclusive, caring, and enjoyable that they have ever worked in.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria via Ethical Jobs.
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability. Please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Program Coordinator – Pacific Team enquiry via Ethical Jobs for confidential support to ensure an equitable, barrier-free application process. We ensure that any information provided to the contact is private and confidential, will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
CBM Australia is committed to the safety and best interest of all children accessing CBM supported services and programs and workplace. Preferred candidates are advised that they will be required to sign the CBM Child Safeguarding Standard, and we reserve the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures prior to employment being confirmed.