About the role
The Head of Philanthropy and Relationships is responsible for the development and implementation of CBM Australia’s Philanthropic, Corporate, Major Donors and Bequests Strategy to drive significant new revenue streams to support the growth of CBM Australia. Managing two direct reports, and with support from digital, marketing and broader fundraising team, this role will enable a relationship-focussed team to consistently meet or exceed income, awareness and engagement targets. The Head of Philanthropy and Relationships will be an effective and collaborative leader within the Public Engagement Team and contribute to the overall performance of the Department. This role builds successful relationships with other leaders and managers within CBM Australia, to ensure the right pitch is delivered to the right prospects (individual and organisational) to enable loyal connections to our cause and revenue raising.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated performance in philanthropic and relational fundraising, with qualifications in business, marketing or equivalent and at least seven years’ experience
- Skills and experience managing and securing diverse high value philanthropic and donor relationships to achieve and exceed targets
- Ability to understand the varying needs and interests of the target organisations/donors to create sustainable and effective relationships, which yield results
- Excellent understanding of general communications and fundraising fundamentals and channels, and ability to create compelling asks to secure gifts
- Excellent relationship management skills with diverse internal and external stakeholders to deliver key outcomes
- Proven track record in leading a high-performing team, with proven coaching and mentoring skills to drive success and build skills and capability
- Ability to critically analyse and interpret supporter data using a CRM system to identify trends and opportunities to drive outcomes
- Commitment to and ability to demonstrate and display CBM Australia’s values and behaviours
How to apply
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from Australian Residents with disabilities and those from diverse cultural backgrounds. Kindly note, Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment. Please follow this LINK to apply or contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.